"Genetics, biology, psychology, stress levels, hormones, the quantity and quality of our sleep, medications, environment, and socioeconomic status can all play a role in developing obesity."-Wright SM & Aronne LJ. Causes of obesity.
- Yumuk V et al. European Guidelines for Obesity Management in Adults. Obesity Facts 2015; 8:402-424.
- Johnson F, Beeken RJ, Croker H et al. Do weight perceptions among obese adults in Great Britain match clinical definitions? Analysis of cross-sectional surveys from 2007 and 2012. British Medical Journal Open 2014; 4: e005561.
- Kaplan L, Golden A, Jinnett K et al. Perceptions of Barriers to Effective Obesity Care: Results from the National ACTION Study. Obesity. 2018; 26:61–69.
- Hall KD, Hammond RA, Rahmandad H. Dynamic Interplay Among Homeostatic, Hedonic, and Cognitive Feedback Circuits Regulating Body Weight. American Journal of Public Health 2014; 104:7:1169-117
- Puhl RM & Heuer CA. Obesity Stigma: Important Considerations for Public Health. American Journal of Public Health. 2010; 100:6:1019-1028.
- Wright SM & Aronne LJ. Causes of obesity. Abdominal Imaging 2012; 37:730–732.