Novo Nordisk A/S is required by law to protect your personal data. This Notice explains how we process (e.g. collect, use, store, and share) your personal data. We will process any personal data about you in accordance with this Notice and with applicable law.
1 Who are we?
The company responsible for processing your personal data is:
Novo Nordisk A/S
Novo Allé, 2880 Bagsvaerd
Tel: +45 4444 8888
Fax: +45 4449 0555
CVR no: 24 25 67 90
You can always contact Novo Nordisk or the Novo Nordisk Data Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or concerns about how we process your personal data.
2 How do we collect personal data about you?
We get your personal data from the following sources:
- From you directly
3 Why do we process your personal data?
We process personal data about you to be able to send you the newsletter you have subscribed to on the Truth About Weight website. We might also share your email address with Novo Nordisk’s affiliate in your country, if the affiliate initiates their own local newsletter account, so the local newsletter can be send to you instead of the Truth About Weight website newsletter. You are not required to provide us with your personal data. If you do not want Novo Nordisk to use your personal data, we will not be able to send you the newsletter.
4 What personal data do we process about you?
For the purposes described above in Section 3, we may process the following types of personal data:
- Email address
- First name
- Country location
5 Why are we allowed by law to process your personal data?
Our processing of your personal data requires a legal basis. By law, we are allowed to process your personal data described above in Section 4 based on the following legal bases:
- The processing is necessary for our legitimate interests. The
legitimate interest is to be able to send you the newsletter you
have subscribed to on the Truth About Weight website.
6 How do we share your personal data?
We may share your personal data with:
- Suppliers or vendors that assist our company (e.g., consultants, IT service providers, financial institutions, law firms, license partners)
- Other Novo Nordisk entities (e.g., Novo Nordisk affiliates in other countries)
7 When do we transfer your personal data outside the eu/eaa?
For the purposes described above in Section 3, we transfer your personal data to countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA). The level of data protection in certain countries outside the EEA does not conform to the level of data protection for personal data currently applied and enforced within the EEA.
We therefore use the following safeguards, as required by law, to protect your personal data in case of such transfers:
- Any transfer to a Novo Nordisk entity is covered by Novo Nordisk’s Binding Corporate Rules, available at https://www.novonordisk.com/content/dam/nncorp/global/en/data-privacy/novo-nordisk-binding-corporate-rules.pdf
- The destination countries are deemed by the EU Commission to have an adequate level of protection of personal data
- We have entered into Standard Contractual Clauses for the Transfer of Personal Data to Third Countries. You can get a copy of the Clauses by contacting us as described in Section 1.
8 How long will we keep your personal data?
If you have subscribed to the Truth About Weight newsletter, Novo Nordisk will keep your email address to send you such newsletters until you unsubscribe. You may at any time unsubscribe from the newsletter service by using the unsubscribe function available in every newsletter forwarded to you.
9 What are your rights?
In general, you have the following rights:
- You can get an overview of what personal data we have about you
- You can get a copy of your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format
- You can get an update or correction to your personal data
- You can have your personal data deleted or destroyed
- You can have us stop or limit processing of your personal data
- If you have given consent for us to process your personal data (see Section 5), you can withdraw your consent at any time. Your withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of the processing carried out before you withdrew your consent
- You can submit a complaint about how we process your personal data to a Data Protection Authority.
Under applicable law, there may be limits on these rights depending on the specific circumstances of the processing activity. Contact us as described in Section 1 with questions or requests relating to these rights.